08 Apr Resolution from 7th April 2021
The Ratepayers and Electors of the above parish assembled this day by virtue of the Publication dated 31st March 2021.
1. Have approved the accounts of the Treasurer of the Parochial Cemeteries Committee, which have been duly audited.
2. Have approved the Constables’ accounts, which have been duly audited.
3. Have approved the accounts of the Parish Procurers, which have been duly audited.
4. Have approved the sum of £90,971.20 to cover the cost of Household Refuse collection and disposal for the year from 1st January 2021, to be levied by means of Refuse Rate.
5. Have voted in favour of levying the following amounts by means of Owners Rate:-
a) Ordinary upkeep of Parochial Cemeteries:
(i) Gardening contract £14,399.19
(ii) General Maintenance £5,200.00
b) Parochial Administration
(i) Ordinary upkeep of other Parish Properties £21,820.00
(ii) Administration, Clerical and Legal Expenses £46,300.00
c) Cost of publishing Parochial Notices £3000.00
d) Street Lighting £950.00
e) Rente due to Rector £9.53
f) Public Needs approved by the Parish:-
(i) Grant to La Houguette Primary School Library £450.00
(ii) Grant to La Mare de Carteret High School Library £350.00
(iii) Grant to Floral St Pierre du Bois £1,200.00
6. a) Have authorised the Constables to apply to the Royal Court for permission to levy the above sums by means of the Refuse Rate and Owners Rate;
b) Have decided that said Owners Rate, together with that approved at the meeting convened by the Rector and Churchwardens, shall be levied applying the relative factors (as approved at the Ratepayers Meeting on 11th March 2009).
7. Have elected N Baudains and S Trevor to the Parochial Cemeteries Committee.
8. Have agreed to take all such measures relating to the above as the Ratepayers and Electors may deem advisable.
9. Have heard a parishioner give thanks for the cemeteries being looked after following Paul Baudains passing away.
10. Have heard a parishioner give details of other parishes developing their properties. Should this parish be thinking more about the future? Constable M de Laune confirmed that a community plan was on the agenda.
Signed by M Ozanne, Dean of the Douzaine
7th April 2021